Labels

Saturday 3 November 2012

Jacob's Ladder head spinning scene: Trickshot #1

This is my attempt at recreating the famous head spinning shot used in the 1990 psychological horror film, Jacob's Ladder (shown here). Firstly, I recorded myself rotating my head left to right, up and down and at different angles, stopping every so often. Then, I sped the footage up 4x and added a delay effect.

In retrospect, it doesn't look perfect (I don't have the correct software with the correct effects to make it look perfect) but it will do as a test. We aim to use this shot in our film.



I tried different methods of recreating this scene. From 0:20 onwards, I started moving my head faster and more erratically. This created a better outcome. As I said, when editing the actual film, we'll be using Final Cut - which has more practical effects for this shot. Such as a velocity envelope, for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment